Cosmetic dentistry involves procedures that enhance the appearance and alignment of your teeth and mouth. Along with improving the colour and alignment of your teeth, it also helps to keep them healthy. If you are looking for whiter teeth or want to fix the gap between your teeth, cosmetic dentistry is the right solution for you. You can get an aesthetically pleasing smile with a wide variety of services, such as Invisalign®, porcelain veneers, porcelain crowns, bridges and teeth whitening. Get in touch with Lundy’s Lane Dental Office for personalized cosmetic dentistry services in Niagara Falls. With over 34 years of experience, our skilled dentist will help you get a healthy and beautiful smile.
Here are six benefits of cosmetic dentistry:
1. Enhances Appearance
The main aim of cosmetic dentistry procedures is to boost your appearance. It can correct almost all your dental flaws, providing you with a beautiful smile. Here are some ways cosmetic dentistry can improve your appearance:
- Discolouration in teeth can often discourage you from smiling. Teeth whitening options can brighten your smile by polishing the surface stains on your teeth
- For concealing gaps in teeth, dental bonding and porcelain veneers are the best solution. Dental bonding is used to fill small gaps and fix chipped teeth, whereas veneers help fix large gaps in your teeth and last much longer
- Another option to straighten your crooked teeth without the traditional metal braces is Invisalign®. These aligners are almost invisible and can straighten your teeth similar to traditional braces
2. Improves Oral Health
Along with improving crooked and cracked teeth, cosmetic dental procedures also help maintain your oral health. Decayed or cracked teeth can lead to oral health issues, such as jaw pain and periodontal disease. Additionally, you are motivated to maintain your smile by avoiding unhealthy eating and drinking habits that can affect your teeth.
3. Improves Confidence
Cosmetic dentistry procedures help to improve your confidence and self-esteem. You can enjoy simple activities, such as taking photos, meeting people and attending parties without being conscious about your smile.
4. Relief from Headaches
Misaligned teeth put a strain on the jaw joints leading to headaches and toothaches. Bite misalignment can also lead to migraines, ear ringing and tender jaw joints. Cosmetic dentistry helps with uneven bites and relieves pain associated with misalignment. Reshaping and crowning certain teeth will help resolve alignment issues.
5. Enhances Appetite
Chewing with cracked, missing or decayed teeth can be uncomfortable and lead to decreased appetite. Eating certain foods might be painful and this can sometimes lead to a lack of nutrition. With cosmetic dentistry treatment, you can regain your appetite and avoid discomfort while chewing.
6. Long-Lasting Effects
Cosmetic dentistry procedures usually last long, for a decade or more. Procedures such as porcelain veneers and dental implants can last for almost 20 years.
Additional benefits of cosmetic dentistry are:
- The recovery time for cosmetic dentistry procedures is short.
- Teeth whitening provides you with an aesthetically pleasing look by lightening the colour of your teeth.
- Cosmetic dentistry reduces the risks of periodontal disease associated with decaying or damaged teeth, while also helping to maintain your oral health.
Lundy’s Lane Dental Office provides cosmetic dentistry services for Niagara Falls residents. We also provide general dentistry services, such as root canal therapy, extractions and filling replacements.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our dentists.